The Pentax 7×50 Marine Binocular is that rarest of breeds, a center focusing 7×50 unit with an internal compass and reticle. Most of the 7×50 boating binoculars are porro prism models with individual focusing. Many users prefer the roof prism configuration because of the identical barrel spacing to one’s eye, and nearly all would choose center focusing over individual focusing if they had the choice.
The 7×50 Marine has an internal compass that uses LED illumination, the most battery-efficient of all, to display its readings. There’s also a rangefinding reticle scale, which aids your estimations of the distances of other boats (when their approximate height is already known). The 7×50 Marine is meant for use on water, built to withstand the elements and protected by Pentax’s fine “Worry Free” warranty in any case.
- Ideal magnification and objective size for use upon water, combined with comfortable roof prism/center focus design
- Waterproof/fogproof nitrogen filled body meets JIS Class 6 weatherproofing standard (resists ingress from powerful water jets propelled at any angle)
- Phase-coated BaK-4 roof prisms & fully multicoated lens elements
- Hydrophobic (water-shedding) external coating on eyepieces and objectives
- Internal compass with efficient LED illumination
- Built-in rangefinding reticle aids in distance estimations
- ±3 Click-stop dioptric correction (upon right objective barrel)
- 56-73mm Interpupillary distance adjustment range
- Pentax “Worry Free” Warranty repairs/replaces damaged binocular for original purchaser for $19.95